Future City Competition
The Future City Competition is a national, project-based learning experience. This flexible, cross-curricular educational program gives students an opportunity to do the things that engineers do—identify problems; brainstorm ideas; design solutions; test, retest and build; and share their results. This process is called the engineering design process. With this at its center, Future City is an engaging way to build students’ 21st century skills.
Students work as a team with an educator and engineer mentor to plan cities using SimCity™ software, research and write solutions to an engineering problem, build tabletop scale models with recycled materials, and present their ideas before judges at Regional Competitions in January. Regional winners represent their region at the National Finals in Washington, DC in February.
Students participating in Future City:
- Apply math and science concepts to real-world issues
- Develop writing, public speaking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Research and propose solutions to engineering challenges
- Discover different types of engineering and explore careers options
- Learn how their communities work and become better citizens
- Develop strong time management and project management skills
- Experience synergy
All text from futurecity.org
Want to join the team? Contact us at email@example.com